BAHATI NEWS NOW

Trending news and entertainment all over the world

Xenophobia hub: fresh violence in Johannesburg claims two lives


Warning: Missing argument 6 for wpuf_get_avatar(), called in /home2/bahatime/bahatinewsnow.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286 and defined in /home2/bahatime/bahatinewsnow.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-user-frontend/wpuf-functions.php on line 525
Spread the love
  • 346
  • 99
  • 45
  • 186
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    676
    Shares

At least two people have died and dozens arrested following fresh xenophobic attacks in South Africa’s Johannesburg city on Sunday.

WP User Frontend Pro

Local Eyewitness News reported that a group of men had raided the city’s central business district on Sunday morning, demanding that foreigners leave the area.

script async="async" data-cfasync="false" src="//pl15192108.pvclouds.com/96905f84aa51096e42370c95c20ee88c/invoke.js">

The city’s police chief David Tembe confirmed that two people had died from gun shot wounds and stabbing, adding that cars, buildings and businesses had been vandalised.

I think this is pure criminality because some of the shops that were burned did not belong to the foreigners, it belonged to South Africans,’‘ Tembe said.

September 7, 2019: Nigeria debunks explosion at SA embassy in Abuja

The Nigerian government on Saturday dispelled reports that there had been an explosion at the Abuja premises of the South African embassy

Information Minister Lai Mohammed told the media that the reports that had been making the rounds were untrue and that no such incident had taken place.

A statement by his media aide said the “explosion” was fake news orchestrated by the desperate opposition to cause panic and chaos among the populace.

The Police also called the report a classic fake news. “Meanwhile, the Nigeria Police Force has provided adequate security in and around all South African Missions and related business interests,” their statement read in part.

South African businesses were targeted earlier this week in reprisal attacks by some Nigerians after a surge in xenophobic violence saw other Africans attacked in Johannesburg and other areas.

The South African embassy closed its doors in the wake of the security threats that officials were receiving. Some businesses like MTN and Shoprite closed their shops for fear of attacks.

The Nigerian government also issued a travel advisory for South Africa, pulled out of the World Economic Forum on Africa – which took place in Caper Town and recalled its envoy.

private airline, Air Peace, has since offered to evacuate citizens who are willing to voluntarily return but the move has been hampered as a result of the lack of proper documentation of some of the applicants.

Nigeria Police Force

@PoliceNG

The above video is another classical example of a disingenuous piece of Fake News. There was no explosion in the South African High Commission or any other part of Nigeria today. The public are therefore advised to disregard the information in its entirety.

 

WP User Frontend Pro


BAhati WAlker Icons

BAhati WAlker Icons

I am a skeptical writer, freelancer and blogger. I spend most of my time on internet finding out how to make online Content sharing with one another easier. In my free times, I love shooting photos and going for beach, playing with children and reviewing of most selling books.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
READ ALSO  Juliet Ibrahim details how she caught Iceberg Slim cheating on her

Warning: Missing argument 6 for wpuf_get_avatar(), called in /home2/bahatime/bahatinewsnow.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286 and defined in /home2/bahatime/bahatinewsnow.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-user-frontend/wpuf-functions.php on line 525
0 Comment

No Comment.

error: Content is protected !!